Israel PM threatens to wage new Gaza war

GAZA, Jan 27 (KUNA) — Israeli Prime Minister Bejamin Netanyahu warned Wednesday of waging a new military campaign against Gaza Strip if Hamas group launched any attacks on Israel.
Hamas agreed to cease fire with Israel after it was dealt a strong blow in the Operation Protective Edge last year, he told Israel Radio after meeting Greek Prime Minister Alexios Tsipras in Jerusalem.
After the Israeli military offensive, Hamas prevented other Palestinian militant groups from launching missile attacks on Israel, Netanyahu claimed.
The last Gaza war which lasted for 50 days between July 8 and August 26, 2014, claimed the lives of more than 2,400 Palestinians and injured 11,000 others besides extensive material damage in the besieged Strip.
In a related development, Ezz Eddin El-Qassam Brigades, the military wing of Hamas, said eight members of the group went missing in a tunnel collapse on the northern borders of the Strip. The group, which uses tunnels as a defense tactic in its conflict against the Israeli occupation forces, said it started a search and rescue operation and there is a glimpse of hope to find the missing members. (end) wab.gb