Death toll of suicide attack on Indian consulate rises to 7

ISLAMABAD, March 2 (KUNA) — The suicide attack on the Indian consulate in Afghanistan’s eastern Jalalabad city on Wednesday rose to 7, with all five attackers dead, said officials.
The spokesman for provincial governor, Attaullah Khogyani, confirmed that an attempted suicide car bomb attack on the Indian consulate left five attackers, a policeman and a woman dead.
In addition, 19 civilians were wounded in the suicide bombing, he added. One attacker blew himself up and four others opened fire at security forces who eliminated all the gunmen, bringing to an end the coordinated assault, said the spokesman.
An official at the Indian Embassy in Kabul, Anil Kumar confirmed that all consulate staffs are safe, adding that no one breached the consulate building.
Meanwhile earlier in January, a similar incident in Jalalabad left one person dead near the Pakistani consulate. (pickup previous) sbk.hs