UK denounces bombing in Lahore

LONDON, March 27 (KUNA) — British Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond strongly condemned the bomb attack in Lahore, east Pakistan, on Sunday, and expressed condolences to the Pakistani people and government.
“My thoughts are with the victims and their families. The UK utterly condemns these senseless acts of violence,” Hammond said in a press release tonight. “We will continue to provide support and assistance to the government of Pakistan as they work to defeat those who plan and perpetrate these acts of terror.
“We advise British Nationals in Lahore to avoid the area, monitor FCO travel advice and local media and to follow the advice of local security authorities,” the Foreign Secretary added.
Earlier in the day the Pakistani authorities said the bombing killed 69 people and injured nearly 120 others. (end) mrn.gb