HE Sheikh Khalid bin Khalifa bin Abdulaziz Al Thani, Prime Minister and Minister of Interior, chaired the regular meeting held by the Cabinet yesterday evening, via videoconferencing.
At the outset of the meeting, the Cabinet was briefed by HE the Minister of Public Health on the latest developments to curb the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). After reviewing the report of the Supreme Committee for Crisis Management on the plan of the gradual lifting of the restrictions due to the Coronavirus pandemic, and out of the keenness to ensure the health and safety of all members of society, the Cabinet decided the following:
- Allowing restaurants and cafes to provide food and beverage in open-air areas at a maximum capacity of 30%.
- Beauty Salons and barbershops can operate at a maximum capacity of 30%, provided that all workers in these facilities and customers are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- There shall be a maximum of 50% of the total number of employees in the government and private sectors.
- Allowing meetings for employees and workers in the government and private sectors present at their workplaces with the attendance of no more than 15 people fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Others can only attend meetings remotely by using the modern technologies.
- There shall be a maximum of 10 fully vaccinated people present in outdoor areas in homes and Al Majalis (places of sitting where people gather to speak with each other).
Source: Government of Qatar