DavutoIlu orders probe into handcuffing of detainees in operation targeting Gulen movement

Four Turkish security force members and a civilian were killed, while 24 security force members were injured in terrorist attacks carried out by Kurdistan Workersand’ Party (PKK) militants in the Diyarbakir, Mardin and iirnak provinces on Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday.
On Tuesday evening, three Turkish police officers were killed after bombs planted on a road were detonated while a police car was passing by in the southeastern district of Silopi.
According to media reports, the bombs exploded while an armored police vehicle, carrying four police officers, was passing in Silopi in iirnak province on Tuesday night. Security sources said a wide scale operation against the PKK militants started after the attack late on Tuesday. The injured police officer is being treated for his wounds.
The Southeast has been rocked by a spate of clashes with PKK terrorists that have left hundreds dead since a two-year cease-fire between the Turkish state and PKK militants broke down in late July.
Also on Tuesday, 21 soldiers were injured when a military vehicle carrying troops was hit by a roadside bomb that was planted by members of the terrorist PKK in the southeastern Silvan district of Diyarbakir. According to the Dogan news agency, PKK members detonated a remote-controlled bomb at the side of the road as the armored vehicle, which was transporting soldiers, was traveling on the Diyarbakir-Silvan Highway.
A lieutenant was also killed on Wednesday in clashes between the PKK and security forces in Silvan, which has been under curfew since Nov. 2.
Media reports state that another soldier has also been injured in the operation that was launched to sweep the terrorists out of the district. An extensive operation was carried out on Wednesday following a bomb attack on Tuesday by the PKK which injured 21 soldiers.
In yet another attack of the PKK terrorists, a civilian was killed and a police officer was injured by a bomb explosion on Wednesday morning in the Dargeandcit district of Mardin.
The Cihan news agency reported a car loaded with explosives was detonated by the terrorists as a police vehicle was passing by. It said the injured police officer was taken to a hospital and was not in critical condition.
Several police teams were deployed to the area to find the perpetrators and an investigation was launched into the incident. The Dogan news agency reported that the dead civilian, Ramazan Tari (47), was a municipal worker.
In a related incident, two children were injured during the clashes in Silvan on Wednesday. The children were taken to the Silvan State Hospital for treatment.
Meanwhile, an official ceremony was held on Tuesday evening for Sgt. Erdem Ertan in Van province, who was killed after militants opened fire on a military convoy in the tense Yanduksekova district of Hakkari earlier the same day. Ertanand’s body was sent to Ankara, his hometown, to be buried.
A funeral was held for Ertan at the Kocatepe Mosque in Ankara on Wednesday. President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoilu, Parliament Speaker ismet Yilmaz, main opposition Republican Peopleand’s Party (CHP) leader Kemal Kiliandcdaroilu, Nationalist Movement Party (MHP) leader Devlet Bahandceli and Chief of General Staff Hulusi Akar attended the funeral.
Turkish media reports said on Tuesday that the convoy was travelling from the iemdinli district to Yanduksekova when it came under attack. The PKK militants fled the scene after security forces responded to the strike. An operation was launched to find the terrorists and the injured police officer was taken to Yanduksekova State Hospital for treatment.
In another related development, four suspected members of the Patriotic Revolutionist Youth Movement (YDG-H) were detained in an operation conducted in Erzincan province on Wednesday. The police seized documents about the PKK and some weapons during the operation carried out early on Wednesday.
Areas in the Southeast have been intermittently subjected to round-the-clock curfews in response to the conflict. Security sources said six people have died in the clashes in Silvan since a curfew was imposed on Nov. 2.
The renewed fighting between the PKK and Turkeyand’s security forces has killed hundreds of people since July and derailed a fragile peace process.
Last Thursday, the PKK ended a month-long cease-fire that it declared before the Nov. 1 vote. The election was won by President Recep Tayyip Erdoganand’s Justice and Development Party (AK Party), who subsequently vowed to fight the terrorist PKK group until all fighters were andquotliquidated.andquot
Erdogan oversaw a peace process that was launched with the jailed PKK leader Abdullah andOcalan in late 2012, but talks were frozen in April.
The PKK, which wants autonomy for Turkeyand’s large Kurdish minority, is listed as a terrorist organization by Ankara, the US and the EU. It took up arms against the Turkish state in 1984 and more than 40,000 people have died in conflicts.


Related Post
دبي، الإمارات العربية المتحدة، 23 يناير 2018/ PRNewswire/– تقدم حلول الواي فاي اللاسلكي لمراقبة من
دبي، الإمارات العربية المتحدة، 23 يناير 2018/ PRNewswire/– تقدم حلول الواي فاي اللاسلكي لمراقبة من
New Dubai office will strengthen the company’s customer service and partner initiatives while supporting growing