Azerbaijani army prevents Armenia’s sabotage attempt – VIDEO

By: Aynur Karimova

Armenian Armed Forces have once again aggravated tension on the contact line of Armenian-Azerbaijani troops.

Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry reported on December 7 that the Azerbaijani army has successfully prevented a sabotage attempt of Armenian Armed Forces.

“The opposing side has suffered losses,” the ministry said.

The situation on the contact line between Azerbaijan and Armenia has remained tense as the Armenian Armed Forces shattered ceasefire a total of 99 times throughout the day.

In view of the operational situation, Azerbaijani Armed Forces carried out 100 strikes on enemy position, the defense ministry said.

A senior lieutenant of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces, Abdulla Mollayev, was killed in fire opened by the Armenian militaries on December 7, the ministry reported in its early statement.

The seriously wounded senior lieutenant was taken to a military hospital, where he was operated. However, it was impossible to save his life.

The Armenian side has recently attempted to expand its subversive activities along the contact line of the Azerbaijani and Armenian armies and take the advantage of the military and political situation in the region, through attacking Azerbaijani positions on various parts of the contact line.

The defense ministry reported on December 5 that loss of Armenian Armed Forces on the front line during the year is over hundred people.

“Armenian media reports claiming about the death of 63 soldiers in the past 11 months of this year causes only laughter,” the ministry said. “In reality, Armenia at least twice reduced the number of its combat losses.”

Despite calls by the international community to abide by the ceasefire agreement between Armenia and Azerbaijan, Yerevan ignores them deteriorating situation even more.

Armenia and Azerbaijan fought a lengthy war that ended with the signing of a fragile ceasefire in 1994. More than 20,000 Azerbaijanis were killed and over 1 million were displaced as a result of the large-scale hostilities. Since the war, Armenian armed forces have occupied 20 percent of Azerbaijan’s territory, including Nagorno-Karabakh and seven surrounding regions. Armenia continues the occupation in defiance of four UN Security Council resolutions calling for immediate and unconditional withdrawal.

Peace talks brokered by mediators from Russia, France and the U.S. have produced no results so far.

SOURCE: AZER NEWS