STOCKHOLM ATTACK SUSPECT WAS REFUSED RESIDENCY

Stockholm, – The suspect behind the Stockholm truck attack had been facing deportation, Swedish police said on Sunday.

His application for residency was rejected in June last year and he was being sought by immigration officials, police said.

He had been given four weeks to leave the country in December 2016, police chief Jonas Hysing told a press conference.

The suspect then disappeared, and police began searching for him, Hysing added.

The 39-year-old Uzbek man is suspected of having driven a truck into a department store in the city on Friday.

Four people are confirmed to have died in the attack including two Swedish nationals, a Briton and a Belgian. Another 15 people were injured. (QNA)

Source: Qatar News Agency

Related Post
The UAE has expressed its unwavering commitment to promoting and protecting human rights within the
Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al
The UAE has expressed its unwavering commitment to promoting and protecting human rights within the