Social democrats underline need for urgent reforms

The presidency has been entitled by the Treasury to freely allocate on-site buildings of the Yildiz Palace complex, which have recently been handed over to the presidency.
Located on a hill comprising natural woodlands, the palace is a complex of 42 buildings, including the State Apartments (Banduyanduk Mabeyn), the iale Pavilion, the Malta Pavilion, the andcadir Pavilion, the Yildiz Theater and the Opera House, alongside the Yildiz Palace Museum and the Imperial Porcelain Factory.
The complex will be restored and used by President Recep Tayyip Erdogan as his Istanbul office, upon the decision of the Treasury last week.
The Treasury added a special clause to the allocation contract that the presidency could hand over the on-site buildings of the palace that it will not use to other institutions if required.
The Imperial Bath (Handunkar Hamami), the Small State Apartments (Kanduandcanduk Mabeyn) and the Harem, which are currently used by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism as museums, will not be left to the Presidency, according to the contract.
Some of the buildings in the palaceand’s complex are currently rented by various companies and used as a hotel, a restaurant and meeting centers. Most of them are going to be emptied and renovated for the use of President Erdogan.
The Kanduandcanduk Mabeyn was recently restored and given to the presidency to use in October. Erdogan also hosted German Chancellor Angela Merkel at the palace on Oct. 19.
Sultan Selim III built the Yildiz Pavilion for his mother, Sultan Mihriiah, and a fountain for his father at the end of the 18th century. Sultan Abdandulaziz, who resided in the Yildiz Kiosk during summers, built the State Apartments. After that, he added the Malta and andcadir Kiosks in the outer garden and the andcit Pavilion to the main section of the palace.
The main construction of the palace started in the time of Sultan Abdandulhamid II (1876-1909) and was known as Saray-i Humayun (Imperial Palace). During this period, the palace comprised buildings for the private use of the sultan, as well as repair shops, carpenter shops, those allocated for officials and of buildings for culture and art that included a theater, a museum and a library. The palace has an inner garden, called and”Hasbahandce,and” with a pool inside that resembles a natural creek.
The palace buildings that were left unused for a while following Sultan Vahdettinand’s reign were allocated to the Military Officers Academy. Left to the war academies in 1946, the palace was handed over to the Ministry of Culture and Tourism in 1978 and has been a museum since 1993.

SOURCE: TODAY’S ZAMAN

Related Post
CAIRO, Dec. 10, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Moneyfellows of Egypt has been announced winner of the MetLife
القاهرة، 10 كانون الأول/ديسمبر، 2017 / بي آر نيوزواير / — أعلن فوز شركة مونيفلوز
أبوظبي، 7 ديسمبر: أعلن متحف اللوفر أبوظبي أن لوحة “سلفاتور مندي”، منقذ العالم، ليوناردودافنشي، وهي
\