Sisters die of carbon monoxide poisoning in Kocaeli

Their bodies were discovered when their neighbors heard no reply from the sisters after they knocked on the door. The concerned neighbors broke a window and entered the home to find Hatice and Duran Gunes lying on the floor. Paramedics declared them dead at the scene. Authorities have launched an investigation into the incident.

The signs of carbon monoxide poisoning include headache, vomiting, dizziness, loss of consciousness, nausea, skin turning pink and respiratory problems.

Each year in Turkey thousands are treated for the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning due to accidents at home or at work. The Interior Ministry recently announced that around 500 people have died due to carbon monoxide poisoning in the past five years.

Gaziantep is the province with the highest number of carbon monoxide poisoning incidents. The Gaziantep Municipality said a total of 2,771 of its residents were exposed to carbon monoxide poisoning, and 21 people died from the effects of the gas in 2011.

SOURCE: TODAY’S ZAMAN

Related Post
لندن، 20 أكتوبر 2017/PRNewswire/ — الجهاز المذهل الجديد يجمع فلسفة الجمال الراقي مع الأداء العالي،
سنغافورة، 23 أكتوبر 2017/PRNewswire/ — تعيين سلوان فنج في منصب نائب الرئيس – أوروبا والشرق
Mohammed Ali Musabah Al Shamsi, UAE Ambassador to the Republic of Chad, has met with
\