Baheli tries to save face claiming foiled plots to sink MHP

Devlet Bahandceli, the leader of the Nationalist Movement Party (MHP), has said that in the run-up to the Nov. 1 snap election the MHP was the target of several plots to force his party below the 10 percent election threshold and claimed that his administration was successful in thwarting these attempts.
Speaking in Parliament on Tuesday, Bahandceli rebuffed recent calls for a new leader made by disgruntled deputies after the party managed to attract only 11.6 percent of the vote in the Nov. 1 election. This result allowed the MHP to get only 40 deputies, compared to the June election when the party got 80 deputies.
Bahandceli claimed that some people were plotting against him but said he did not care. and”Do they [plotters] not know that no palace attack, no devilish urge, no global scenario can or will stand in the way of a real nationalist-idealist?and”
and”To those who thought we [the MHP] would give up, the gathering here today of 40 valiant idealists is the strongest message,and” he told his deputies.
Admitting that the results of Nov. 1 and”are not a success,and” Bahandceli tried to save face claiming that he and”sincerely feltand” that the election results were not a failure. and”I thank our respected citizens who supported us and stayed with us [steadfast] like a rock, despite the slander and destructive propaganda [directed towards us],and” he said.
Rumors are widespread of some members within the MHP planning to bring forward Meral Akiener, former deputy speaker of Parliament, as a candidate for party chair in an early congress against Bahandceli.
According to reports in the SandOzcandu daily recently, some MHP delegates are planning to get the signatures of at least 249 out of 1,200 delegates to gather for an early party congress according to its bylaws.
Bahandceliand’s exclusion of Akiener, who was also a former interior minister, was expected as Bahandceli had not nominated her in the election for Parliament speaker following the June 7 general election.
When asked about Akienerand’s probable candidacy for speaker by a reporter in June, Bahandceli had replied angrily: and”I think she lost [the opportunity to be a candidate] she has even lost the post of MHP parliamentary group chair.and”
Bahandceli had already replied to questions regarding whether he would resign from his post after the election on Nov. 1 in a series of tweets from his official Twitter account saying that he would not be stepping down as the MHPand’s chairman.
Underlining that he would sacrifice himself for the survival of the Turkish nation, Bahandceli said, and”I would give my head but not take a step back.and” Bahandceli also noted in his tweets that he wonand’t bow before the impositions of the government and will continue to say and”noand” to its policies in tackling the Kurdish issue.
Bahandceli asked how it was that the Justice and Development Party (AK Party) had won the support of nearly 4.8 million voters in the space of five months. Bahandceli added that he thought the people who voted for other parties instead of the MHP did so reluctantly.
Stating that Turkey has lived through many shameful events between the June 7 election and the snap election on Nov. 1, Bahandceli commented on the terror attacks and how the attacks swayed the publicand’s mood in favor of the AK Party.
and”From June 7 to Nov. 1, Turkey has been stuck in spiral of hate speech and treason,and” he said, indicating that the environment of uncertainty had benefited the AK Party.
Bahandceli pointed to the Silvan district in Diyarbakir province where a 12-day curfew was implemented until recently. Tragedy and devastation followed the lifting of a 12-day curfew in Silvan, where intense clashes left some homes severely damaged and others entirely destroyed.
Minutes after the curfew was lifted at 2 p.m. on Saturday, hundreds of people who were displaced and blocked from entering the neighborhoods of Konak, Tekel and Mescit for nearly two weeks came rushing back to see what remained of their homes.
Intense clashes that began orthouse to follow the proceedings.
and”Justice has been served. But we went through very difficult days recently and we did not deserve it,and” Emine Hacioilu, a bank employee who was among the 20 people who were released on Saturday, said.
and”We are sorry we had to leave our friends behind. Those who are responsible for this should feel ashamed,and” said Handuseyin andcambel, a shopkeeper who was also detained then released. and”We left three people whom we believe are innocent there. We are saddened for them,and” said Menderes Hirandciner, a lawyer.

SOURCE: TODAY’S ZAMAN

Related Post
 اتفاقية استراتيجية تمنح 160 ألف موظف أحدث الحلول السحابية من “أﭬايا”لتعزيز وسائل التواصل والتفاعل  دبي،
BEIJING, Oct. 23, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — LONGi Green Energy Technology Co., Ltd. announced today that
لندن، 20 أكتوبر 2017/PRNewswire/ — الجهاز المذهل الجديد يجمع فلسفة الجمال الراقي مع الأداء العالي،