Access to newly established zgur Bugun daily website blocked

Access to the andOzgandur Bugandun (Free Bugandun) website, which was launched after trustees were appointed to the Bugandun dailyand’s administration in a controversial decision last week, was blocked early on Wednesday.
The andOzgandur Bugandun website showed a notice on Wednesday which said access to the site had been blocked after a decision by the Istanbul 8th Penal Court of Peace.
Police raided the headquarters of a number of media outlets early on Oct. 28 after the Ankara 5th Criminal Court of Peace ruled on Oct. 26 for the takeover of the administration of Koza ipek Holdingand’s companies, which includes critical media outlets in the ipek Media Group, in a government-backed move. The trustees then took over the management of the Bugandun and Millet dailies, as well as the stations Bugandun TV and Kanaltandurk, following the police intervention, during which many journalists and protesters were subjected to excessive police force.
The Bugandun and Millet dailies published their first editions after the trusteesand’ takeover on Oct. 30. Both papers contained what could be interpreted as propaganda from the Justice and Development Party (AK Party) government and President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, with almost no reports on opposition parties, despite a general election being due to take place on Nov. 1. The newspapers under the management of the new trustees have since been turned into mouthpieces of the AK Party and Erdogan. The new management has also fired tens of journalists working at those newspapers and hired pro-government journalists instead.
In reaction to the new pro-government stance taken by their confiscated dailies, the editors of the Bugandun daily who had been fired started preparing an alternative edition of the paper to provide a platform for the publication of pieces they produce independently. The new website has attracted great interest and support from readers.

SOURCE: TODAY’S ZAMAN

Related Post
الشهادة تعالج الطلب المتزايد بين المنظمات الدولية على الحماية من مخاطر الطرف الثالث المتزايدة دبي،
الشهادة تعالج الطلب المتزايد بين المنظمات الدولية على الحماية من مخاطر الطرف الثالث المتزايدة دبي،
Qatar's Minister of Foreign Affairs HE Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al-Thani said that the siege